Meet the Scientist

This unit was awesome. We got to decide on any experiment to do  with a small group. My group was Tom E, Oliver and I. Our group did an experiment where we tested if the density of liquid effects the amount of weight needed to sink a plank of wood using lemonade, water,  cream and olive oil. We had to buy a 3L tub and fill it with up with 2L of a liquid. We put a plank of wood on top and we kept on putting waits on until the wood sunk and we did that with all the liquids. In the end, cream carried 190 grams and non surprisingly, water only carried 100 grams. Lots of the attempts didn’t work out so we had to use  our hands to get the weights out and we also had to wash the tub ready for the new liquid.

We also did a method poster showing the  method and a keynote presentation showing the whole experiment. The presentation includes lots of photos, videos and even bloopers. The best part about the whole process was doing fun things with my friends( and drinking LEMONADE). It was so fun to do and I loved the outcome. I wish I could do it multiple times.😃  

PLEASE COME TO MEET THE SCIENTIST AFTERNOON! IT IS ON MONDAY THE 9TH SEPTEMBER FROM 2:15 PM – 3:00 PM AT THE 4HB CLASSROOM!👍

3 comments

1. austincbgs · September 6, 2019 at 4:07 am ·

Please see my group keynote presentation via this link
    https://bit.ly/2m1yd75

2. raphaelcbgs · September 9, 2019 at 3:54 am ·

Hi Austin,
    I really liked listening to your keynote and trailer. I also really liked your bloopers. It would be even better if Tom Enzinger was there😢.
    Kind Regards
    Raph

3. tomccbgs · December 5, 2019 at 3:27 am ·

G’day Aussie!

I personally thought your trailer was way better than ours! Great work! I also really liked your idea for the experiment. Great job keep it up!

From Tom C